Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 5 Destination - Memphis, Tennessee

Well, let's just say, this wasn't one of the more fun days on the journey.

It began great with again beautiful clear blue skies and lovely green grass and trees all along I-40 through both Oklahoma and Arkansas.



Then my blue tarp was having 'issues' which necessiated me pulling off several times and finally buying another roll of duct tape and some bungy cords at the Dollar Store.

This was already going to be a longer drive but this added extra time, so now I was crusing into Memphis right at rush hour.











Needless to say, I was a bit wiped out so didn't drive down Beale Street where the Blues was born. Nor did I grace Graceland, the home and burial place of you know who.

CLICK HERE FOR DAY 6

2 comments:

  1. Welp. At least you got some nice pictures of the rear ends of vehicles.

    Kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... thanks, Mr. Sunshine!

    And really, I should not complain as the weather could not have been better - if I made this trip a few days earlier, I'd be in torrential rains right now!

    ReplyDelete